76% of consumers have said the most important piece in the design of a website is that “the website makes it easy for me to find what I want.”
How easy does your website make it for visitors to find what they’re looking for?
Fill out our form to the right to start the conversation. We can help you deliver information effectively to your customers through a website that gives them what they want (and we’ll back all of our decisions up with real data that tells you the website is working).
Points to consider when (re)designing your website:
- Usability by your customers and prospects
- Your website’s conversion rate (Do people find what they need and complete their tasks?)
- Use a simple website layout that would be familiar to your customers
- Differentiate your company by making it really easy for your customers to find what they want on your website
- Test, test, test! Ask a potential customer to use your website and see if they can figure out how to get what they want; see if they can easily do the things that you want your consumers to do.
What not to focus on:
- The visual design of your website
- Reinventing the wheel when it comes to design and layout
- If you or the CEO think your website design does not look pretty
- Using flash, heavy graphics, or lots of video