Everyone with a website wants more traffic and leads. One of the most natural ways to increase site visitors is with new and exciting content. If your website always has fresh content, your visitors will want to come back regularly.
Online there are three main types of content you can offer your audience. Written content, photos & galleries and explanatory video make up the bulk of any content marketing campaign.
Let’s take a look at each type of content and how to use it to market your website.
Once a website is completely built, there’s not much else to say unless you run a blog.
Generally businesses use their blogs to inform their audience about events and announcements, industry innovations, new products and information about their services.
A blog gives you the freedom to create new content on a regular basis, giving your visitors something new and your site new opportunities to optimize for related keywords.
And there’s an added bonus.
Search engines take notice when new material is delivered on a regular basis. Fresh content along with good search engine optimization adds to your online authority, placing all your keyphrases higher in search engine results pages.
3 Tips for Managing a Successful Blog
Variety: Telling the same old story over and over again makes people tune out. Make sure you add some variety to your blog by covering different topics. Intermix your products coverage with helpful information for your readers.
Consistency: You expect your newspaper and magazine subscriptions to arrive on time. That’s exactly how your readers feel about your blog. Once you have captured an audience make sure you keep them interested. Draft a calendar with targeted publishing dates and stick to those deadlines.
Usefulness: The information you deliver to your audience needs to be helpful. Your customers are buying your products, the least we can do is deliver useful information. Generally, those who help the public the most, collects the most in sales.
Topics for Your Blog
Getting a blog going and creating variety doesn’t always come easy. Here are simple topics and ideas for blog posts you can write:
- Product Information: new products or additional details for existing products are always great blog post ideas.
- Industry Knowledge: show your audience that you are a leader in your industry. Give away knowledge that aids and informs your customers making you an authority.
- Events: let people know in advance about special dates. Trade shows, open houses, sales and special events in the community related to your business all need promoting.
- How-to Guides: chances are you know things that the general public doesn’t. Tell them how to do it themselves and you’ll become trusted.
- Personal: every once in a while it’s a good idea to spice things up. New staff members, business birthdays and so on are all good announcements that allow you to relate to your audience. Give them a window into the background of your business.
Be everywhere you can be with your content and lead people back to your site.
It’s a pretty simple equation. If you keep making new content your traffic will increase and your visitors will keep coming back for more.
If you want to further increase your online profile then check out these helpful blog posts below: