We are currently seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist who is passionate about the Digital Marketing space. Reporting to the Founder, the successful candidate will lead client relationships and manage the full cycle sales account management process for assigned accounts. This position will focus on growth within existing accounts, partnering with internal teams to identify new product offerings as well as developing and implementing strategic plans to acquire new clients, both independently and in partnership with the Founder.
- A digital-obsessed culture. We flat-out love working in the digital space, so be ready to get your geek on.
- A culture focused on individual development. Your continued growth and development is one of our core values.
- A place to make an impact. A company of our size gives you the opportunity to make an immediate and direct impact on team members and our clients.
- An opportunity to work in a WSI Certified, Hubspot Certified and Google Partner digital marketing agency.
- A focus on work-life balance and the ability to work from wherever you want.
- 2 weeks of vacation.
You are a competent marketer who can deliver marketing solutions for our clients. Your job is to enable our business partners’ success by helping them to grow their sales. Performing audits and conducting research to formulate winning marketing strategies and proposals will be a key element of your role. You will be a great communicator who can present ideas clearly and conduct sales discovery and proposal/closing meetings.
At your core you will be a passionate marketer who wants to see businesses succeed, with a deep and practical knowledge of online advertising – not a salesperson who kind of knows digital marketing. There will be no cold-calling or hard-selling.
In this role you will:
- Lead client relationships and manage the full cycle sales account management process for assigned accounts.
- Proactively manage clients and anticipate issues and devise solution focused recommendations.
- Identify growth/upselling opportunities within existing accounts and develop and execute sales plan for each account.
- Partner with the Founder on business development initiatives in an effort to acquiring new clients.
- Assess and reply to incoming sales enquiries with a sense of urgency, escalating significant opportunities to the Founder for assistance with comprehensive response.
- Collaborate regularly with internal teams to ensure thorough understanding of unique technical offerings and potential market applications.
- Evaluate existing sales processes and find opportunities for efficiencies in support of a culture of continuous improvement.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Business, Communications or like discipline.
- 5+ years working in sales, preferably in Marketing vertical.
- Capacity to understand and sell custom product of solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with sales cycle – identifying opportunities, developing business proposal, client presentation, closing deals and organizing and leading kick-off meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building skills with a proven track record of success.
- A positive personality and enjoy initiating, directing, and managing accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present (in person, web conferencing).
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and to balance several clients’ needs simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm for the digital marketing world and strong desire for constant professional development.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Canopy Media is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to connect with us if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media, Digital Strategist, Marketing Strategist, Digital Marketer
Reference ID: CM041221
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About Canopy Media
Canopy Media Inc. is a digital marketing firm that is part of the largest & most successful internet marketing company in the world. We are a leading provider of marketing consulting services focused on increasing top line sales performance and we provide strategic insight and implement tactical solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives. Over the last (ten) 10 years, Canopy Media has developed a proven process for sales and marketing success, and we deliver excellent return-on-investment to our clients.
Canopy Media is a team that runs on ideas. There is no CEO, no middle management and ultimately no boundaries. We are friends and co-workers who recognize the power of creative thinking and hard work. Our company is the result of putting those two things together. Our team’s success is the result of loving every minute of it.
To meet our growth plan requirements, we are expanding our team to support our business initiatives.