Now Hiring Online Content Creator / Web Developer
14 Mar 2011
The Online Content Creator is responsible for day to day campaign executions (content development and delivery) and campaign reporting. This includes but is not limited to campaign management, optimization of web content, and reporting metrics. This role involves proactive campaign management with an proactive approach to assisting with measurable strategic communications programs and campaigns, in an effort to drive traffic and generate audiences with compelling and creative content for commercial clients. The role will also involve assisting in project management and working with external partners in developing and approving online content for web publication.
This is an opportunity to get on board with a company that provides online communications and marketing services in an intensive way to our clients. Our clients expect us to be accountable for the results we produce. Ideal candidates should be flexible, willing to learn, and wanting to grow their skill set.
Canopy Media is a small creative shop that generates traffic, leads and sales for a small list of dedicated clients. In the last few years, we have continued to grow through strong relationships with our clients. We’re expanding to continue to serve our clients in the manner they’ve become accustomed to.
Collingwood, Ontario – less than 2 hours north of Toronto. We’re at the foot of IntraWest Blue Mountain and on the shores of Georgian Bay. Collingwood offers all the benefits of city living and the region offers all the recreational opportunities of any world-class destination. We’re firm believers in a good quality of life and for that reason, we choose to do this here.
- Ability to multi task in a changing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid written and verbal skills
- Quality and detailed oriented
- 2 years experience in the workplace
- Experience with WordPress templates and customization
- Current working knowledge of web trends including or related to social-media, online marketing, online editorial
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
- A working knowledge of HTML and PHP
- good understanding of SEO principles
- Content creation / Content creation management
- Social Media management experience including Twitter and Facebook
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit is needed in the role, as the company is experiencing significant growth.
Additional tasks may include:
- Developing original web design concepts based on provided briefing and guidelines
- Creating and editing graphics for use in web pages
- Maintain and update existing websites on a regular basis
- Ensuring cross-platform and/or cross browser compatibility
- Communication with the project team throughout all stages of design and report to Creative/Technical Directors
Ideal Candidate will be:
- passionate about the web
- positive about change, excited about growth
- a great communicator, plays well with others
- great time management skills
- able to manage multiple projects with varying timelines at the same time
- problem solver
- always keen to learn
- accept constructive criticism
Salary: $14-$18 per hour.
Looking for a fresh and exciting challenge in a great part of the world? We’d love to hear from you. Email resumes and samples of your work in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
* Portfolio websites are also accepted. Show us, don’t tell us.
* Absolutely no phone calls regarding the position.
Application Deadline: Mar 22, 2011