Online fame is increasingly important in the modern world. With the rise of social media, it is easy for anyone to take a negative view or make a derogatory comment about your business. If you don’t have a good online reputation, potential customers will be less likely to do business with you. As a result, many companies are now turning to online reputation management (ORM) services. These services can help improve your online presence and protect your business from negative publicity. However, ORM services can be very expensive, and the cost can vary significantly depending on the size and scope of your project. As a result, it is crucial to consider the cost of ORM services before deciding. Otherwise, you can spend more than you can afford. This is a guide to learn how to keep online reputation management costs under control.
Note: According to a 2019 study by Reputation Management Consultants, the average cost of online reputation management (ORM) is $5,000 per month.
Pro Tips for Reducing the Cost of ORM
Online Reputation Management (ORM) is the process of tracking, monitoring, and responding to online conversations about your brand or company. It is an important part of maintaining a positive online presence but can also be costly. Here are some tips to reduce ORM costs:
- Do it yourself. With a little time and effort, you can track online conversations and answer them yourself. It can be a great way to save money on ORM costs.
- Use automation tools. Many software tools can help you automate the process of tracking and responding to online conversations. It can save you a considerable amount of time and money.
- Hire an ORM specialist. If you don’t have the time or inclination to do it yourself, you can hire an ORM specialist to do it for you. However, this option can be expensive, so be sure to compare prices before making a decision. Managing online reputation is an important part of maintaining a positive online presence. Following these tips can save money on ORM costs and maintain a good online reputation.
- Google search. You can do this by doing a Google search for your name. If there is negative content, you need to decide if it is something that can be removed or if you need to take steps to push negative content down so that it is more visible in search results.
- Social media management. Managing social media accounts can help reduce ORM costs. It includes posting content, responding to comments and reviews, and monitoring account activity.
- Online reputation audit. Auditing your online reputation can help you identify potential threats or issues. It can then be used to develop more targeted ORM strategies.
- Change management. Changes in your business practices can help improve your online reputation.
According to the above discussion, managing online reputation can be costly, especially for businesses that have suffered negative publicity. In addition to the costs of hiring a reputation management firm, there are costs involved in overseeing online conversations and repairing any damage to your company’s reputation. By following the mentioned tips, you can reduce the cost of online reputation management.
Looking for online reputation management? Learn more about our services at Canopy Media here!