Work Smart. Play Often.
Canopy Media is on the hunt for a Social Media Content Creator & Curator.
At CMI, our mission is to enhance the lives of our clients, our employees & their families. This means when it comes to expanding our team, finding the ‘right fit’ is a top priority.
Who We Are
We are a digital marketing firm. If you have no understanding of digital marketing, we probably aren’t for you.
Businesses hire us to generate leads and sales through the internet. We take the time to get to know our clients and their goals. If you don’t like good relationships, we probably aren’t for you.
We are part of the largest & most successful internet marketing company in the world. Our primary purpose is to deliver excellent return-on-marketing-investment to our clients. If you aren’t willing to expand your skill set and take a few risks, we probably aren’t for you.
We are a leading provider of digital marketing consulting services, focused on increasing top line sales for our clients. We provide strategic insight and implement tactical solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives. If you aren’t a Type A personality who enjoys juggling deadlines and crossing your Ts with multi-coloured highlighters, this position probably isn’t for you.
What We Offer
- A digital-obsessed culture. We flat-out love working in the digital space, so be ready to get your geek on.
- A culture focused on individual development. Your continued growth and development is one of our core values.
- A place to make an impact. A company of our size gives you the opportunity to make an immediate and direct impact on team members and our clients.
- An opportunity to work in a WSI Certified, Hubspot Certified and Google Partner digital marketing agency.
- A focus on work-life balance. This can mean condensed work weeks, flexible scheduling, remote office options.
What You’ll Do
You’ve heard this before: content is king. Our Content Creator/Curator will manage our clients’ brand’s social media voice; the information you publish or share on behalf of our clients should be valuable, timely and relevant to their audience.
Skills: Aside from a strong background in copywriting, you should definitely understand the basics of SEO. Command over the main social media platforms and WordPress is also key to your daily performance. Strong research skills coupled with time management skills will also help you manage many social channels and effectively curate third-party content that our clients’ target audience will appreciate.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Manager and clients to develop social media strategies that align with a client’s marketing objectives
- Work directly with clients to execute social media campaigns
- Create original content and align to content calendar
- Curate valuable third-party content
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in industry news as it pertains to the client
- Schedule, publish and share content on all social media channels
- Collaborate with the Canopy Media team including the Marketing Director, Social Media Manager, Account Manager, and Technical Team to ensure cohesive strategy and brand representation
- Stay abreast of social media developments and make appropriate recommendations to team members
- Learn and grow. We’ll determine a development plan specifically for you and your skill set.
Who You Are
- You want to grow your craft as a social media practitioner through the opportunity to work directly with clients. You want the opportunity to grow as a digital marketer, manager, and leader.
- You are highly analytical and detail oriented. Numbers don’t make your eyes go crossed. The idea of checking into a campaign’s data actually excites you (you know who you are).
- You are results-oriented. You can separate the tactics from the big picture. You don’t lose sight of the end game.
- You love making clients happy. You are happy to interact directly with clients to understand their needs and develop an effective, ongoing digital strategy.
- You’re comfortable wearing multiple hats and being the center of everything. You don’t crack under pressure when they all have an immediate need.
- You are located in the Collingwood, ON area. You WANT to be here. If you do not live locally and don’t plan to relocate permanently, please do not apply.
- You easily follow and execute detailed processes.
- Experience communicating with multiple clients at once
- Experience in social media or content marketing. The more, the better.
- Experience with basic WordPress editing
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- You will have your hands on a lot of content. Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills is a must
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
Because You Want To Know
Salary range – $30-35K (4 days/week, roughly 32-hour work week)
Yes, you get 2 weeks paid vacation.
No, we do not have a benefit package.
Yes, you can attend your child’s field trip.
No, you cannot bring your dog to work.
Yes, you’ll learn a lot working with us.
Because We Want You To Know
We believe strongly in personal accountability. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you. It is in our best interest to see you succeed and grow. We are driven and work hard for our clients, but we value work-life balance too. This means we build teams that share our values; we want folks who work smart, play often.
Send us a resume by March 6th, 2020 with a message on why you think you’re our next ‘right fit’ . Alternatively, you can provide these details using the form below.
We can’t wait to hear from you.